The Art of Giving Evidence
The feedback we receive from all delegates confirms how vital it was to them that role play formed an integral part of their training and, without exception, everyone experienced a significant improvement in their communication skills, confidence, awareness and familiarity with the process.
Trevor will prepare you for the rigours of cross examination and to test this you will take part in a mock-trial and experience being cross-examined by Stephen. This will be repeated until you are completely comfortable and confident with the process.
Our programmes are inter-active; you may ask questions at any time and we actively encourage discussion.
You will receive constructive feedback throughout the programme and at its conclusion.
We will explain
- The procedures, who’s who in court and familiarise you with the whole process.
- An understanding of the purpose of attendance at a hearing and ensure you are tutored in the skills essential for giving effective evidence.
- The right strategies to present, understand and deal with the examination of your evidence.
- Who to address, how to speak, what to wear and how to comport yourself.
- The key “do’s” and “don’ts” when giving evidence.
- Top tips on how to remain calm under pressure.
- Examination-in-chief, cross-examination and re-examination.
- The tricks lawyers get up to during cross-examination and explore their thinking to reach the objective they seek.